"You have a heritage; Honor it.
You will meet temptation; Withstand It.
You possess a testimony; Share it.
You know the truth; Live it."

-President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Message from Jolie!!


Sometimes, as we are going though our lives, we hit major roadblocks and we feel like the Lord has let us down.  Even in the midst of living it, I sometimes feel discouraged because of the constant bumps and falls I've taken in my life.  This talk by D. Todd Christofferson, however, has really helped me realize that the Lord KNOWS what He's doing.  He often needs to cut us down a little, to trim our branches and perfect us even more than we thought possible or necessary because He is shaping us into what He needs us to be.  And what He needs us to be is different than what we think, it's different than what the world wants, and it's often different than what He needs others to be. It's a beautiful concept that takes time and heartache to learn, but it's essential to His plan.  I love how Elder Christofferson says, "Thank you for loving me enough to hurt me."  We don't know what our Heavenly Father knows - we just need to let Him do His work to us.  
Love,
Jolie

No comments:

Post a Comment